ACNE is a dermatological disease which affects 80% of young people between 12 and 25 years of age. In this reason, there are more and more treatments. Home remedies, creams, soaps, cleaning products, medications and more. What you should know.
Almost 80 percent of adolescents and young people between 12 and 25 years go through a stage of annoying pimples on the face, chest, back, and shoulders. In general, it is overcome over time, when hormonal changes relax, but it is key to treat it and take care of its evolution to prevent marks and infections. Expert advice on how to cure acne and keep your skin healthy at every stage of life.
What is acne
ACNE is a dermatological disease and skin problem that occurs when fat and dead skin cells clog pores. Technically, it is an inflammatory disease of the skin, whose most annoying symptom is pimples and blackheads.
The face, chest and/or back are the most affected areas and is a condition that has consequences on the psychological well-being and quality of life of young people, in the way they perceive their body and in their relationships with other people. That is why it is important to take action on the matter. We tell you what to do to recover the beauty of your skin.
How to cure acne
We have a habit of thinking and treating acne as something “normal”, which passes by itself. But it is a problem that can and should be treated and that deserves a dermatological consultation. The reasons? In addition to the injuries and scars that it can generate, it greatly affects the quality of life and self-esteem.
Acne can appear at different times of life, but it is more frequent in adolescence and can persist until adulthood. There are also forms of neonatal and childhood acne that are rarer and that may be associated with endocrinological problems.
Acne is caused by several factors. The main one is the increase in sebum secretion, something linked to hormonal factors typical of adolescence. The other causes of acne have to do with clogging the pores and the consequent inflammation and colonization by bacteria.
The sequence of lessons that can be observed is the white point (closed comedon), the black point (open comedon), and the inflammatory lesions (the granites), papules and pustules (when they contain pus). When untreated acne can cause more important injuries such as cysts and nodules and leave scars.
Today there are many treatments for acne, ranging from simple, daily washing of the face to mouth treatments with medication, something that defines the dermatologist according to the severity of acne. Some keys:
- Types of acne: Acne is classified as mild, moderate and severe, and each has a specific treatment that should be indicated by the doctor.
- Myths and truths about acne: there are certain myths about acne that must be denied: it is not true that acne gets worse with certain fatty foods such as chocolate or mayonnaise, or that it is related to dirt. Yes, it is real that it is related to the menstrual periods and usually gets worse in the previous days.
- supplements for acne: it is key that any medication is prescribed by a professional. Nothing should be taken except under medical advice.
- Avoid corticosteroids. It is important to remember that local corticosteroids (where there are acne lesions) are contraindicated because, in addition to making it worse, they can cause it.
- Another important factor in acne is the family history of severe acne in parents.
- Treatment should avoid aggressive washes and frequent peels. In general, doctors indicate daily washing with warm water and gels with medications according to the type of existing lesions.
- It is important to avoid the use of cosmetics with fatty vehicles or sprays since they favor the appearance of comedones.
- All products used must be NOT comedogenic or oil-free.
- The use of specific sunscreens for acne skin is key, both to prevent sun damage and to avoid marks.
How to remove acne
There are currently many brands of acne creams. Ideally, they should be recommended by a dermatologist and be specific for each individual case and for each age. In turn, a face cream is not the same as acne on the back. A bad treatment can complicate your health or leave marks forever.
It is clear that nobody likes to have pimples on the skin, but it is important to understand that skincare is a process and that there is no magic treatment.
For acne on the face, it is important to use good products and not get acid treatments without medical advice. Some “solutions” offered by the market can cause burns or injuries. Whenever you read “cream for grains”, advise before buying: with the skin of the face it is not played.
Home remedies for grains
Beyond products and treatments, good daily habits are great allies for removing skin pimples. Learn some tips on how to fight acne with home remedies.
- Orange: Orange is a fruit with astringent properties ideal for oily skin, which helps remove impurities. To make a homemade tonic, the peel of an orange is crushed and mixed with water. Wash your face before bedtime and apply the tonic over the affected areas.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice is another of the home remedies for acne that is most commonly used as a topical treatment. When applied to the skin, it helps remove excess oil and dead skin cells. It works as an astringent and antibacterial agent. Soak a cotton ball in the juice and apply on the affected area. Leave overnight and wash the next morning.
- Garlic: It is an ancient remedy that contains sulfur, one of the most potent substances to kill the bacteria that cause acne. Rubbing a clove of raw and sliced garlic a couple of times a day on the affected areas you will notice how the rash will be deflated.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is a natural way to refresh the skin and an ingredient widely used to prepare facial masks due to its high content of vitamin C and ascorbic acid. Pelá and split-half cucumber, remove the seeds and process it in the blender until you get a paste. Apply it on your face for about 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- Tomato: its acidity and the lycopene (a powerful antioxidant) it contains are a safe remedy for skin health, which helps in the treatment of acne and scars.
- Toothpaste: it is probably one of the most popular remedies of the grandmother’s kit. The active ingredient in toothpaste that helps fight acne is sulfur. Be sure to use normal toothpaste: avoid “tartar control” or “whitening.” Simply apply a little on each grain.
- Aloe Vera or Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is an indispensable remedy in the medicinal garden. It has been used for centuries and is an essential ingredient in many cosmetic products. Cut the stems of the plant transversely and place its pulp directly on the affected areas.
How to remove acne marks
If how to remove acne reveals us, we are even more disturbed on how to remove acne marks. Many times, the granites go away but the skin is hurt, with little wells, with scars. What to do?
The first thing to do is not to squeeze the granites. It is tempting, but in doing so you can infect other deeper layers of the skin, causing more inflammation, redness and even permanent scarring. If the acne is severe, it is essential that you consult a dermatologist to help you find the treatment method that is most suitable for you.
To eliminate acne marks with natural remedies, you can try directly applying sodium bicarbonate on the scars caused by acne. Soak it with a little water, to spread it better. Let it act for a few seconds and then wash the skin with warm water.
Another good option is chamomile: this flower has antiseptic properties, being one of the best home remedies to eliminate acne marks.
Also, essential oils can work. You have to mix several essential oils or use them as a base. That allows reducing the characteristic reddish pigmentation. The results are achieved if the treatment is done at night and daily. But always consult a doctor before addressing any of these tips.
It is also important to take care of the sun’s skin to prevent the damage from adding up and multiplying.
Hi, I’m Shelly P. Clayton. I’m a writer, fitness enthusiast and published health coach. I have been blogging about fitness, weight loss and lifestyle for over 7 years. I will share my experience and knowledge on health, beauty, wellness as an expert with a passion through my writing. Live the life you want. I believe in creating meaningful experiences for people to live healthier, more fulfilling lives.