How to gain weight
To get kilos of weight, you don’t need to fill yourself with fat and junk food. Now, you may be thinking how? Here, you can find out how you can gain weight naturally.
When you think about a diet it is believed that it is only for weight loss, but this is not so. However, If you are thin, you can gain weight naturally, without resorting to eating kilos and kilos of food. What you need is a balanced diet.
First of all, you should know that one of the most common mistakes of those who want to gain weight is to eat fatty foods. This only manages to increase bad fats in the body and at the same time, cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood; which can later cause more serious problems such as heart attacks.
Instructions to gain weight naturally
- You must first calculate your ideal weight. For that, we recommend using a BMI calculator. Then, calculate the number of calories you usually consume each day. Keep track of your diet for a full week.
- You can check the books on calories or look at the nutritional information on the packages. This will give you an average of the number of calories you consume per day.
- To get weight naturally, you must increase the calories in a balanced way. If you are thinking of increasing about 1 kilo, you must increase between 500 to 1000 calories daily.
- Increase the portion of each healthy meal. For example, about 60 grams of lean chicken will give you 100 calories. Also, adding an avocado in your salad will give you about 300 more calories.
- Maybe this may sound uninviting, but with simple changes in your diet, you can make sure that those kilos stay in your body for longer and do not lose weight quickly.
- Eat more frequently during the day, adding meals. These may consist of fruits, nuts or whole grains. A good eating routine could be like this: eat breakfast very early, at around 7.30, have lunch at 11.30, eat again at 15.30, have dinner at 19 and include a snack at about 21.
- Keep an exercise or physical training routine focused on your goal of gaining weight. When going to the gym you must explain to the coach what you want to achieve.
Ideal foods to gain weight
Red meat is a food that will give you more protein, being ideal for increasing muscle mass. Keep in mind that they must be low in fat because otherwise, you will increase blood cholesterol levels. Gaining weight naturally does not mean eating any food.
Include at least one source of protein in each of your meals. These include: skim milk, beef, eggs, fish and shellfish, low-calorie ham or turkey sausages, and skinless chicken.
Do not neglect fruits and vegetables, especially those with green leaves such as spinach, chard, and broccoli.
It is not necessary to resort to protein supplements to get what you need. According to Paula Labeira, sports nutritionist, “it is preferable to ensure an intake of proteins of high biological value to maintain a level of amino acids in the blood that allows the muscle to dispose of them when deciding to synthesize muscle proteins.”
Nuts with high fat, minerals, and vitamins are ideal for diets to gain weight. They are more than a healthy way to gain muscle mass and you can consume them at any time of the day. It includes from almonds to flax seeds, nuts to sesame or sunflower seeds or peanuts.
Additional tips to gain weight naturally
- Keep track of the diet you are following. Do not abandon it if you do not get results in the first few days.
- Do not forget to consume enough water during the day. You need to stay hydrated.
- Try to include a variety of foods in each meal, do not always consume those of the same group.
- Get proper sleep, between 7 and 8 hours per day, so that the muscles can rebuild and grow.
- Eat something nutritious before sleeping, so the body does not need to take the calories it consumed during the day. At that time the cells are under repair and regeneration.
- Take your time to eat, don’t do it in a hurry.
- Drink fresh and natural fruit juices, but not while you are eating because that will make you fill and take away your appetite. Better before eating or when you’re thirsty.